The health and safety of our patients, staff and visitors at Harpenden Physiotherapy is essential. In light of the developing situation surrounding Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have been closely monitoring updates from both the World Health Organization and UK Government guidelines and making adaptations accordingly.
We are very much aware of the growing concerns around the virus and the important role that both our team and patients have in keeping our clinics safe, in order for us to continue to treat patients without delays.
How are we ensuring that our practice is safe during the COVID-19 situation?
According to current COVID-19 information and advice, Harpenden Physiotherapy are taking the following measures to protect all those visiting the clinic:
- Screening all patients at the point of booking in line with Government guidelines
- Screening all patients, staff and visitors upon arrival into the clinic
- Providing all visitors access to alcohol-based hand sanitizer upon entry and exit
- Increasing the frequency and thoroughness of cleaning around the building
- Reminding all visitors of the importance of personal hygiene and best practices, such as regular handwashing, which are displayed on posters.
What can you do to help?
By working together, we can eliminate the spread of the virus within the clinic. All patients are encouraged to:
- Kindly not come into the clinic if you have any flu-like symptoms such as a persistent cough, shortness of breath, high temperature and/or fever
- Please try and avoid bringing visitors / family members to your appointment, unless necessary, in order to reduce the volume of visitors entering the clinic
- Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
- Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes, bin the tissue and then wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser to eliminate germs
Visiting Harpenden Physiotherapy
Our clinic remains open as normal, so please attend your appointment as you would – taking into consideration the above measures / Government guidelines.
We’re reassuring all patients that the correct protocol is in place and that the health and safety of visitors is our main priority. We understand that there is growing concern about the Coronavirus and we’re currently monitoring the situation closely on a daily basis.
We ask anyone who is concerned they have encountered the virus to follow the Government advice and self-isolate immediately. The latest Government advice is available here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public