Harpenden Physiotherapy’s aim is to offer every family a specialised, evidence based service. This is tailored to your child’s needs and yours as a parent. Without the constraints of the NHS, we have the luxury of spending as much time with you and your child as we need in order to get the most out of them during paediatric physiotherapy and rehabilitation.
How We Work and Our Aims
Our Harpenden Physiotherapists treat children at our clinics or at home in a child’s own environment if you feel that this is more appropriate. We also offer ongoing support and do not discharge after a set number of treatments. There are a number of treatment options that will depend on a child’s functional ability and rehabilitation goals.
These aims of treatment can include:
- To have a full understanding of both your concerns as a parent and your child’s problems
- To diagnose and identify areas which can be improved with physiotherapy, sharing assessment findings and treatment plans
- To actively involve you and your child in joint goal setting and treatment planning
Musculoskeletal Conditions Treated
Like adults, children are susceptible to musculoskeletal injuries. They can also be related to the growing process. Children are not ‘mini-adults’ and therefore require paediatric physiotherapy to ensure that treatment is thorough, effective and safe.
Conditions treated include:
- Flat feet and over-pronation
- Gait problems
- Growing pains
- Hip joint problems and pain
- Knee pain
- Osgood-Schlatters disease
- Post operative rehabilitation
- Scoliosis management advice
- Severs disease
- Sports injuries